AdvanceOnline Safety Services provide companies small and large with complete Industrial Hygiene site analysis to ensure your workspace meets all OSHA regulations and guidelines. An AOS Safety Professional will deliver a qualitative and quantitative profile of your worksite as well as a subsequent worker and citizen impact report. All samples taken at your job site are sent for analysis in a certified laboratory and findings are provided to you in a comprehensive report.
Employees May Be Exposed to a Variety of Health Hazards Including the Following:
- Air contaminants (Dust, Fumes, Mists, Aerosol, Fibers, and Gases)
- Chemical Hazards (Respiratory, Absorption and Ingestion Risks)
- Biological Hazards (Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi, or other Parasites)
- Physical Hazards ( ionizing and nonionizing electromagnetic radiation,
noise, vibration, illumination, and temperature)
- Ergonomic Hazards (lifting, holding, pushing, walking and reaching)
What is Industrial Hygiene?
The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) defines “Industrial Hygiene” as “the science and art devoted to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of the environmental factors or stresses arising in and or from the workplace, which may cause sickness, impaired health and well-being or significant discomfort among workers or among the citizens of the community.”
Basically, is there anything in the air that is harmful to breathe? Can someone ingest harmful chemicals? Is the noise level too loud without protective ear plugs? Do your employees need to wear respirators?
What does an Industrial Hygiene Assessment by an OSHA Inspector or AOS Safety Expert look like?
An AdvanceOnline Safety Professional will schedule an appointment to evaluate your worksite and provide an in-depth report on the impact the environment is having on your employees. The first essential step is a worksite analysis that helps ensure your company is in compliance with OSHA regulations that govern industrial hygiene. Next, we identify those jobs and/or workstations that are sources of potential problems or hazards. Depending on your work environment we measure and monitor air contaminants and noise levels. We also take samples from various surfaces. Air and surface samples are sent to a certified lab for analysis.
We evaluate all results and provide a comprehensive safety report. The report, written by an AdvanceOnline Safety Expert, will include the next steps to correct any problems and how to meet OSHA regulations. Our reports are reviewed and stamped by Certified Industrial Hygienists.
Industrial Hygiene Testing includes the following:
- Indoor/Outdoor Air Quality
- Ozone, Particulate Matter, Carbon Monoxide, Nitrate Oxide, Sulfur Dioxide
- Welding Fumes
- Aluminum, Antinomy, Arsenic, Barium, Beryllium, Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Iron, Lead, Manganese, Nickel, Silver, Tin, Vanadium, Zinc
- Lead and Lead Removal
- Silica and Abrasive Blasting
- Hexavalent Chromium (CrVI)
- Biological Agents
- Noise Exposures
- Heat Indexes
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Environmental Ground Water Monitoring
Expert Resources Focused on Your Safety
Our safety experts have on average over 20 years of experience working with companies to develop, maintain, and update safety programs.
• Certified Safety Professionals
• OSHA-Authorized Instructors
• Certified Industrial Hygienists